Change Is A-Comin'!

It is in the air around here! This feeling that things are different, new. No, I did not change my hair color again (yet). Strangely enough, in our house, it has nothing to do with the fact that a NEW year has just begun. I think ours is more exciting!
We found out about a week ago that we get to stay in our sweet little home in Logan County, America. We were ready to move, to walk away thankfully, but God made it possible for us to stay. Praise Him!
In other news, Joe and I realized right after Christmas that we don't like being fluffy,,, it's highly over-rated. His sister contacted us the day after our realization, noting she felt much the same, so we all joined this great healthy -living site called and committed to making healthier choices. For us, as an added incentive, we are training to go back to where it all began for the Chlebanowskis in America, and run the Chicago Marathon in October. It could be scary, folks.
the lifestyle change is going great so far- noone has pulled any major muscles or fainted from calorie restriction, yet.
The last news I will share with you for now is about our family. Ever since my princess was born, I knew I was done having children. But, I also felt like our family was meant to have one more member. Moose has helped (he's like a perpetual toddler with his antics) but it isn't the same.
In a few short days, our family will be growing! A new child will call this house home!! YAY!
Another sweet laugh will fill the air, and another pair of feet will drag Oklahoma clay through the livingroom.
But, I won't have to potty train this one. He already sleeps through the night. Weaning is also a non-issue.
This sounds like the perfect child, no?
I think so! Too bad we are only "borrowing" him for 6 weeks.
Okay, fine, here is the truth- We are hosting a student from Panama for 6 weeks that is coming to Oklahoma to learn English through an immersion program. (Still wondering who thought Oklahoma was a great place for that, but will gladly reap the benefits!) I hope to be sharing the experience with you through my blog. Should prove to be pretty entertaining! I can only imagine the antics that will ensue when my children have a new "in-home" friend. I also hope I can provide his Madre y Padre a slight sense of relief that their baby ( 13 is still a baby ya'll!) is safe and sound here in the Good 'Ole USA...

Other things are in the works, but not ready to share, so keep checking back!
Blessed,
Carrie

0 comments: