Breathe In, Breathe Out...

God is teaching me about patience. I am thankful for his protection and mercy on my children while going about my instruction. It has not been an easy task for me to endure. Yes, I said endure. I am in a unique situation to many of my friends, in that my oldest child has an outside influence- another parent outside of our home. I was married previously and had him during that marriage. I won't speak ill of my ex, but will say that there are a great many differences of opinion on a great many important things- including those of related to worldview and faith. I could NEVER have imagined all of the implications all those years ago. I am thankful that God has wrapped his hands around Joe and I, too, because I KNOW Joe never imagined all that it would entail to marry me and a 3 yr old. I love that man.

One thing we have struggled with is adjusting to the fact that our son is very bright and while this is a wonderful gift, it presents a lot of challenges. Intellectually, he "gets" more than he can understand "emotionally." Add to this the fact that there are a different set of expectations at his other home, and I tell you there are some days when all I can do is let go and let God, because I have no idea what to do next- or I am afraid I will doom the kid to an adulthood of therapy. I am weird enough to do that on enough things. ;)

I have learned, and I cling to the fact that God has a special love for my son. I know he can be a Great Man of God...but I am still trying to learn how to lead him to that end. I want more than just the behavior to improve, I want his heart to yearn for God.

Today, I am having one of those days where I am taking it one breath at a time... saying very little, and letting God work.
and drinking lots of coffee.
:)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love ya babe! I'm praying with you everyday!