Settling In



On the 3rd day of our endeavor, things are becoming more natural with Saul here. I speak only for myself here. Meaning, I am once again accustomed to rising at a decent hour, cooking breakfast, and getting dressed before rousing the other sleepyheads from their blissful sleep. This is much easier since I have reverted to the wonderful world of coffee. Sorry, folks. I tried- made it a whole week. (Sounds like the whole anti-cell phone endeavor doesn't it?) I am a much happier(read: nicer) and productive person when I have a single cup of java in my system. I would have felt better if Saul drank coffee, but in all honesty, I didn't need much more of a reason than a 6:45 alarm clock wake up to justify my downward spiral. :)

For the most part, I think Saul is adjusting great! He and the boys have a shared love for football, nerf guns and night vision goggles, as well as Wii games. There is some strange turning on and off of the shower in the morning ( it goes on, then of, then on again??) But, I worry about embarrassing him, so I may have hubby try to talk to him. That is my general rule of thumb. If I feel weird asking him something, I try to make Joe do it. His reply tends to be, " This is your thing." Then I bat my eyelashes and beg. Sometimes it works.

We did discover that the student staying down the street with our friendly neighbors speaks fluent English, so I used him yesterday to communicate to Saul that I don't mind him telling Logan to leave him alone. :) I love my son, but he can talk. Alot. Must get it from his dad. ;) Saul laughed. I think he understood what I was implying.

Ooh! I also discovered that both boys know how to Salsa dance. This could prove to be a very fun discovery if I can convince them to teach me...I feel a salsa party in the works! ( don't worry... I can pretty much guarantee Joe will nix that idea. He is allergic to dancing.)

That's all for now. Unless anyone happens to know how to make pate... His mom says he likes that. pate? as in...liver??? not sure if I can go that far.

Carrie

1 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

You have a darling blog! I saw your post/quest on PW Cooks for a good sandwich bread...take a look at my blog and let's see if I can help!
friedalovesbread.blogspot.com